What is Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)?

Published on October 6th, 2015


Congressed passed the Violence Against Women Act in 1994. This act creates special routes to immigration status to protect victims of abuse who are not citizens of the United States. The United States immigration law allows individuals in a domestic violence case to file for immigration benefits without a family member sponsor.

Legal Help

Immigration procedures can be very complex. It’s strongly recommended that you seek legal representation from a lawyer who has experience with this type of case. A lawyer can assist you in determining whether or not you have a case and go over your options with you. A lawyer will also help you determine your eligibility and be sure that your paperwork is accurately prepared and that your evidence is strongly laid out.

You Are Not Alone

Break free from the abuse, whether your abuser is a spouse or a parent who is a United States citizen. In some cases, if you do not qualify for a VAWA green card, you still may be eligible for lawful immigration status in the United States. 

Turn To Din Law

Din Law will approach your case with sensitivity and stand by your side every step of the way. We have experience with VAWA cases and know the ins and outs of accurately preparing your paperwork and displaying strong evidence for the best chance at winning your case. Please call Din Law today for VAWA representation and to schedule a free consultation: (312) 361-8462.


Book an Appointment

Book an Appointment